<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(//www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6489210502887193716?origin\x3dhttps://stewpig-daniel.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
♥ I'm just as you see

♥ Daniel Wong Siew Ho
♥ Twenty + Two
♥ 290488
♥ Christian
♥ Army: BMT(L)->SISPEC(K)->39SCE(B)
ORD on 110910
♥ Gold Coins: 2211
♥ Neopets Rox! xD
♥ Mousehunt! xD


♥ AIMs

♥ Driving license
♥ Drum Kit
♥ Cannon EOS 550D DSLR Camera


♥ Voices




♥ Exits

♥ Pastor Mark Conner
♥ Daniel LG
♥ Enoch LG

♥ Past

♥ December 2005
♥ January 2006
♥ February 2009
♥ March 2009
♥ April 2009
♥ May 2009
♥ June 2009
♥ July 2009
♥ August 2009
♥ September 2009
♥ October 2009
♥ November 2009
♥ December 2009
♥ January 2010
♥ February 2010
♥ March 2010
♥ April 2010
♥ May 2010
♥ June 2010
♥ July 2010
♥ August 2010
♥ September 2010


credits

♥ Layout & Image: X
Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ahh, a week of learning.
Yes, an army man still learns..
As I mentioned in the previous post, the Combat Shoot shouldn't be a problem for me right?
Well, apparently, I was wrong.
Everything that could go wrong on a otherwise perfect day, went wrong.
And I was totally disappointed, with myself, and even a little resentful toward God (at that moment).
I was so looking forward to earning that extra $200 to cover my trip over to Hillsong Conference in Australia lor.
Sigh..

The day for Combat Shoot was of a perfect setup.
Sar21
Good weather - no mist, good temperature, bright & sunny
All confident in shooting down the targets (did a warm up of 8 rounds on .5 size of a human (Fig 12) at 100m, hitting all)
It seemed like nothing would have went wrong, the $200 was mine!
Yipee! :D
Praise God for the good weather and all. (:
However, when I did the actual shoot, I couldn't hit the full sized figures (Fig 11)
And I was like "OMG, HOW CAN THAT BE! IMPOSSIBLE!!"
I started to feel deverstated, and sian.
Went on to InAD (Instinctive Action Drill) or something, and I missed 2, but the score said otherwise- 3.
I became furious.
I went to read Percy Jackson and The Battle Of The Labryinth (Book 4), isntead of concentrating for my shoot.

Heavy shower in the evening, and the place was flooded.
Totally lost the mood.
Mist started to form.
Night shoot was so much worst than the day.
With SAR21, OMgosh.
End of shooting, even before the results came out, I already knew I didn't hit the mark.
And then I saw unfairness- my PC, who was the Chief Safety for the range, offered 1 detail a chance of re-shoot, because 2 person in the detail didn't get Marksmen out of 6.
I was like WTH.
I wanted to argue, to request for a re-shoot for my detail too, because if we hit 71 of 75, everyone in my detail can get Marksmen too.
5 more Marksmen compared to 2.
But I didn't bother.
I lost hope.
And I thought.. Then again, if i asked, and got to re-shoot, many other details would also ask for it.
And we would end up going back to camp very very late (the whole range ended at 12midnight).

Ahh, and a lesson learnt.
A reminder from a good friend- Weiren
Never to be over-confident, in yourself or things, but rather, always put your confidence in God, who would make all things good in His time.
Thank you God, and thank you too Weiren.
(:

Fell sick on Thursday, with Runny nose and sore throat in the morning.
Fever toward evening.
Cough and headache at night.
AttC on Friday, after Dental check (cleaning). (:

ViVaCe!
NUSH School Concert xD
I went to support Zhi-en, good hor.
It was nice.
I personally found that the program this year had much more variety compared to the previous.
And it's definitely good to put the Beginner Group Violinists to play first BEFORE the actual ochestra, so that they would not "sound as bad".
Like drinking water before having Coke.
It was the opposite way the previous year, and the Beginner Group Violinists sounded bad =/
And of course, there surely are areas to improve on..
Like the Stage layout for the Ochestra is too cramp-up
The lightings on the stage didn't cover all the members from the ochestra, especially those that are sitting near the edge of the stage, nearer toward the audience. And more rehearsal or familiarisation would be good for the lighting crew as well, cuase they kept hitting the wrong knobs..
The MC's speech! - it's like so rehearsed, reading off big A4 sized paper.. zzz.
Got a ride to Outram MRT by Uncle Peng Ann, then got home alone.. (:
Oh, and before that, I went to Singapore Poly to meet up with Weiren and Family to eat dinner first before going down for the concert, at FoodIDKWHAT.
Heh...
That's all for now!

I've waited for a year.. How much longer do I still have to wait?


~20:58~
♥ U ♥